Crossing Thresholds by Amba Gale
In Crossing Thresholds, Island Reflections, Amazon best seller, transformational coach, and founder of Gale Leadership Development, Amba Gale invites us to join her, through her heartful poetry, breathtaking photographs, and, what she calls “teaching questions,” to embrace, and complete, the endings in our lives and to create new futures – futures that bring us more fully alive.
Diving into the pristine wilderness of Isle Royale National Park in Lake Superior, and taking a personal journey, in which she re-invented her own relationship with her now-adult daughter, Amba saw a missing bridge to a dock as a metaphor for making that crossing. She let go of her expectations for her daughter’s future, and now saw her as a resourceful, adult, author and shaper of her life. Following Amba’s writing as a guide, we find that we, too, can create a vision and build a bridge, which allows for our own vision to be fulfilled, learning all the way.
At the end, we are larger, having discovered how to:
- Create breakthroughs when things are falling apart
- Heal ourselves and others through forgiveness
- Have even our wounds be sources for compassion
- Invent new futures for ourselves and our lives
- Call upon the power of faith, and bring forth life-changing declarations, even when the ground shakes underneath.
- Generate pathways into living from appreciation, amazement, and wonder.
- Flourish in times of uncertainty
Through prompts, exercises, and reflective questions, we enter the land of what we don’t know that we don’t know. We connect with our own heart and inner wisdom as our guides. We see and hear the teaching opportunities in all of our life’s circumstances. We cultivate our capacity for wonder, profound appreciation, and gratefulness. The difficulty of the threshold crossing becomes a part of the gift of arrival.
Crossing thresholds, Island Reflections is a guide for inner traveling, for taking a journey of the soul.