Coast Salish Pattern Wool Blanket
Featured on the cover of British Vogue in October 2023 with actors Lily Gladstone (Blackfeet) and Leonardo DiCaprio and photographed by Craig McDean (directed by Edward Enninful)!
This design was created by Louie Gong (Nooksack) after researching traditional Coast Salish weaving. He often refers to the pattern as a "collaboration with the ancestors," as it was created after researching traditional Coast Salish weaving. Although many of our products are created using modern technology, it was crucial to Louie he create a design that could be replicated with traditional Coast Salish weaving methods.
Coast Salish art is rarely represented in contemporary textiles, and Louie is proud to help push this particular, often overlooked form to the forefront of Native art and product offerings.
- 2-sided design
- Covers top of queen size bed (59 in x 78 in/ 200 cm x 150 cm)
- Colors include black and white
- Microsuede edge band
- 100% wool pile; 100% polyester warp
- Designed by Louie Gong (Nooksack)
- Dry clean
- Recommended care is dry clean only; however, you can rinse your blanket on a gentle, cold setting and hang-dry away from direct sunlight
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent
- Never use harsh chemicals or scrub wool
- Store blanket away from direct sunlight
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives™, not "Native-inspired."